Registration Terms, Conditions, Waivers:
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way with the Chicago Crush and it hockey practices, scrimmages and games, and its other programs and related events and activities, the undersigned, by signing and initialing this Waiver and Release of Liability, does hereby:
1. Acknowledge and fully understand that Participant will be engaging in activities which involve the risk of property damage and personal injury (including without limitation death and paralysis) which might result from his/her own actions, inactions or negligence, the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the nature of hockey play, the condition of the premises, or from the use or non-use of equipment. Furthermore, there may be other risks not known or currently foreseen.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each of the Chicago Crush and all of its RECOMMEND THAT PARTICIPANT WEAR A FULL-FACE SHIELD APPROVED BY THE HOCKEY EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATION COUNCIL ("HECC") AT ALL TIMES, WHETHER DURING A GAME, SCRIMMAGE, OR PRACTICE, AND DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT PARTICIPANT EVER USE A HALF- SHIELD.
3. Acknowledge and fully understand that Participant may, at his or her own risk (and fully understanding such risks), choose to wear a half-shield as face protection for practices, scrimmages or games on such day, instead of a full-face shield.
4. Acknowledge and fully understand that Participant shall be required to wear an HECC approved full face shield at all times on non-game days.
5. Assume all of the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any property damage or personal injury (including death or paralysis) resulting from Participant's play.
6. Release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue and any and all of its affiliates, and any of their respective shareholders, members, owners, managers, directors, officers, employees, trustees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, administrators, staff, directors, coaches, assistant coaches and all other persons involved with such entities, plus other players, participants, sponsors, and owners and lessees of the premises where events, practices or clinics are held (collectively, "Releases") from any and all demands, claims, suits, losses or damages of any nature and kind on account of property damages or personal injury (including without limitation death or paralysis) caused or alleged to have been caused, in whole or part, by the negligence or willful acts of the Releases (collectively, "Damages"). The undersigned does hereby agree that if any provision of this Waiver and Release of Liability is held invalid or is prohibited, the balance of the document shall (notwithstanding such invalidity or prohibited provision) continue in full force and effect.
7. Indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releases and each of them from and against any and all Damages arising out of or relating in any way to the Participant's activities or participation in Chicago Crush practices, scrimmages and games, and its other programs and related events and activities, whether caused by the negligence or willful or wanton acts of any of the Releases or otherwise.
Consent for Medical Treatment
This is to certify that as the Player or Guardian of the participant, or for myself as an adult participant, give my consent to USPHL, The Chicago Crush, and its medical representative to obtain medical care from any licensed physician, hospital, or clinic for the above mentioned participant, for any injury that could arise from participation in USPHL events.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
For and in consideration of the undersigned participant's registration with United States Premier Hockey League, LLC, its members, its affiliates, local associations and member teams, and being allowed to participate in United States Premier Hockey League, LLC events and member team activities, participant (and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of participant, if applicable) waive, release and relinquish any and all claims for liability and cause(s) of action, including for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to participant, arising out of participation in United States Premier Hockey League, LLC events, member team activities, the sport of ice hockey, and/or activities incidental thereto, whenever or however they occur and for such period said activities may continue, and by this agreement any such claims, rights, and causes of action that participant (and participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if applicable) may have are hereby waived, released and relinquished, and participant (and parent(s)/ guardian(s), if applicable) does(do) so on behalf of my/our and participant's heirs, executors, administrators and assigns. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and assume all risks relating to ice hockey and any member team activities, and understand that ice hockey and member team activities involve risks to participant's person including bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis and death, and damages which may arise therefrom and that I/we have full knowledge of said risks. These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the participant or the negligence of others, including the "releases" identified below. These risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, those arising from participating with bigger, faster and stronger participants, and these risks and dangers will increase if participant participates in ice hockey and member team activities in an age group above that which participant would normally participate in.
I/We further acknowledge that there may be risks and dangers not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and agree that all of the risks and dangers described throughout this agreement, including those caused by the negligence of participant and/or others, are included within the waiver, release and relinquishment described in the preceding paragraph. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge, understand and assume the risks, if any, arising from the conditions and use of ice hockey rinks and related premises and acknowledge and understand that included within the scope of this waiver and release is any cause of action (including any cause of action based on negligence) arising from the performance, or failure to perform, maintenance, inspection, supervision or control of said areas and for the failure to warn of dangerous conditions existing at said rinks, for negligent selection of certain releases, or negligent supervision or instruction by releases. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) agree if any claim for participant's personal injury or wrongful death is commenced against releases, he/she shall defend, indemnify and save harmless releases from any and all claims or causes of action by whomever or wherever made or presented for participant's personal injuries, property damage or wrongful death. It is the purpose of this agreement to exempt, waive and relieve releases from liability for personal injury, property damage, and wrongful death, including if caused by negligence, including the negligence, if any, of releases. "Releases" include United States Premier Hockey League, LLC., its members, its affiliate associations, local associations, member teams, event hosts, other participants, coaches, officials, sponsors, advertisers, owners and operators of the premises used to conduct any event and each of them, their officers, directors, agents and employees. Participant (and participant's parent(s)/guardian(s), if applicable) acknowledge that they have been provided and have read the above paragraphs and have not relied upon any representations of releases, that they are fully advised of the potential dangers of ice hockey and understand these waivers and releases are necessary to allow amateur ice hockey to exist in its present form.
Read this waiver carefully and, if you have any questions, contact a United States Premier Hockey League, LLC representative.